Re: trailer

To: JHolliday@rlps.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: trailer
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:05:45 EST
JHolliday@rlps.com writes:

<< A few days back someone posted that they hauled a sprite in an open top
 uhaul trailer. what size was it? I have sold a bugeye to a person who wants
 to haul it from Lancaster to Philly, PA. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I used a U-Haul tow dolly to tow my Midget from Allentown to Abington.
That's about the same distance.  All you need are good rear tires.  When you
rent the tow dolly, tell them you have to tow an Escort or some other compact
car.  Their computer will tell you that a Sprite won't fit, but it does.

They also rent a car trailer, but I'm pretty sure the wheel treads are too
wide for a Sprite.  I think that Ryder has a flat bed car trailer, rather
than the kind with two treads.  I would be real careful about towing a car
inside any of their other trailers if they aren't designed to do so.  They
lack the wheel tie down straps, and the car can jump around.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport