Rostyle Centers

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rostyle Centers
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:55:25 -0500
I guess you could call 'em 'hub caps', but I discovered tonight that the
front wheels I've scavanged, have a wheel center different than the wheels
on the rear. (I'm about to have a set of wheels sandblasted for
refinishing, of the 8 wheels collected, four will be 'slaves', the better
set get new 'boots' in the spring, and become the road set...)

Anyhow....one pair of centers are turned aluminum (?) units. Hefty little
devils, with equally hefty inner retainers held by a screw. The other pair
are decidedly thinner (stamped?), with a spring metal ring of 'teeth'.

Would the turned pair be early, and the 'tin' ones be later? Once again,
inquiring minds want to know - and find another pair of the hefty guys
(hadta get that in!)

I have also recieved the interior panel set - another eBay victory! Ochre
y'say...hmmmmm. Need to find trim bits, have discovered (again thru eBay) a
gentleman in/on Rhode Island who stiches up Midget carpet sets, at good
prices, with good reports in the feedback section. I'ved requested swatchs
of both Ochre and Autmn Leaf for comparison against the panels. Need seat
coverings, interior weather strip and some loose material for b-posts etc.
Any ideas? As this was not a) a desired colour, or b) produced in any great
quantity - this stuff could be difficult to find and I may be going that
vinyl dye/paint route to get closer to 'Autumn Leaf'. Ochre certainly is an
'interesting' shade. I'm trying to convince mself that it's more of a
bright butterscotch. It certainly makes a statement with the dark green
exterior..

Terry Williams
Halifax, Nova Scotia
'77 Midget