Re: ahcusa?-now Healey Folks

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ahcusa?-now Healey Folks
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 00:04:43 EST
List,

Although we have heard stories of Sprite folks being rebuffed by big Healey
folks, that has not been our experience.  In our travels over the past two
summers we have been most graciously welcomed to various club activities and
members homes who have either or both big and little Healeys.  Indeed, we
received more invitations than we could possible fit into the time that we
had available and had to beg off on some offers for another time.  Our
experience with the general Healey community has been most favorable.

Our only contact with the Healey Sports and Touring Club was at Carlisle two
years ago.  In the rain and mud that year if was hard for anyone to be in a
good mood so we chalked their lackluster response on the weather, they did
not know what kind of car we were driving.

We can attest to the very open and great spirit of the Knoxville club (and a
number of others) as we have had the opportunity to spend an extended period
of time in that area and participate in quite a number of their activities.
(hi to all of the gang)

There always seems to be someone who is not happy in any group of people
(where's Montana Bob).  But in our experience the Healey (big and small)
community has been the most congenial, open, willing to help group of folks
you would care to meet.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV indiguise)
1966(7) Sprite Mk III (in progress)