Re: Seat Upholstery Attachment????

To: "woodrat" <woodrat@spacey.net>
Subject: Re: Seat Upholstery Attachment????
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:33:32 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>

Larry,

I just re-upholstered my bugeye seats and I found the origianl cover to be
attached to the lip of the metal pan at the rear.  the rear lip faces up,
the fabric is pushed down on top of the lip and attached with the clips.
Take a good look at the seat that hasn't rotted away and copy that.  The
'points' are for strecthing and attaching the fabric when appropriate but
very few were used on mine and the little metal clips were used all the way
around the seat bottom.

I could make a pathetic attempt to display it with ascii characters, here
goes:

The lower case 'N' is the fold of fabric forced down over the upward
pointing lip at the rear edge of the seat pan.

fabric
      seat                    \-n-

back edge of pan ...... ^

                                            Regards, Glen Byrns