Hybrid Crossflow rad

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Hybrid Crossflow rad
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:39:34 EST
Hi list & especially Ron,

Read the earlier post about swapping inlet/outlets on x-flow rads and started
to think about some x-flow options.

1.  Is it possible to swap the bottom radiator inlet/outlet from the left
hand side to the right hand side and save some weight by getting rid of the
steel pipe?  Or does this design cause poor water flow/cooling in the unit?

2.   If the top inlet/outlet is swapped to the opposite site and the bottom
inlet/outlet swapped to the opposite side am I correct in thinking the
advantages of option 1 is gained (ie loss of steel pipe) but coolant flow in
rad is still same (albeit other way round to standard) and therefore no less
efficient?  I note that a mini t'stat housing and non standard hoses would be
required along with of course a hybrid rad.

Ay comment?

Daniel1312