Re: 60 Bugeye questions

To: Scott <sl@eyequip.com>
Subject: Re: 60 Bugeye questions
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 17:44:44 -0800
Cc: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Scott wrote:

> 1. What spark plugs do I use, the Champion N5 are no longer available.
I use (and like) NGK BP6ES also available in BPR6ES resistor

> 2. Are the wheel wells supposed to be black?
No, they were body color but with a 4" wide strip of undercoating

> 3. What about undercoating the bottom? Mine is prefect with no rust, any
> recommendations?
I use roof cement, it works, others dread the idea of undercoating.

> 4. I am replacing the tie rod boots and the rack seal?  Are there any
> surprises there?
Straight forward, watch for cheap repro gaiters, they only last about a
month.

> Do I need any special tools?
A ball joint fork to separate the tierod end.

 I have heard that it is
> difficult to get the tie rod to release from the "arm" that it connects to.
See above.

> 5. I am replacing the motor mounts, any thing to watch for?
Just be careful not to booger up the threads while lowering the engine.
The "V" shape makes it tricky but not impossible.

Good luck
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ