Re: Past & Present

To: V & J Pina <vping@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Past & Present
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 16:21:31 -0800
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
V & J Pina wrote:

> What makes were made and what makes are presently made by the British. I
>>really don't know the whole story.

I'll at least start the list.

Arkley (yes it is an actual car manufacturer (or was)
Armstron-Siddley
Austin (many models)
Austin Healey
Aston Martin (now owned by Ford)
Berkeley
BMC (*combining Austin, MG, Jaguar Morris and others)
British Leyland (bought em all up)
Delorean (well it's from the isles of GB)
Elva
Ford (Anglia, Popular, Cortina, etc)
Gilette (or something like that)
Jowlette
Jaguar (now Ford)
Jensen (pre Healey)
Hillman (Rootes)
Humber (Rootes)
Leyland (commercial vehicles)
Lola
Lotus
Morgan (the only one left still making British cars)
Morris
MG (Morris Garage)
Nash (as in Austin-Nash Metropolitan)
Reliant (scimetar and 3 wheeler)
Sunbeam (Rootes)
Talbot (later Sunbeam then Rootes I think)
Triumph
TVR (Trevor Wison)
Vauxhaul (GM UK)

This is from memory, and maybe a few are just models of makes but I gave
it my best shot. There are many more makers that came and left.
Daniel, help me out here.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ