Re: Anti Dot 3?

To: pasgeirsson@juno.com
Subject: Re: Anti Dot 3?
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:46:30 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 02/21/2000 5:56:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pasgeirsson@juno.com writes:

<< I've got to confess that it's been a while since I checked a supermarket
 for brake fluid, so you got me on that!  I should have known, now that
 you can by groceries at the gas station!

 Last time at my parts store, I found NO DOT 3.  I wonder if there has
 been a liability problem and the lawyers have forced it off their
 shelves.  Just wondering.  >>

Until very recently, DOT 3 was spec'd for most cars available in the USA,
except for very expensive cars, high performance cars and exotics.  All of
the store brand sh.., er, stuff, like Pep Boys brand, is DOT 3.

That don't make it right!

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget (Brit Leyland spec'd DOT3!  But that's British DOT 3. Using
Castrol LMA)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (Mitsu spec'd DOT 3. Using Castrol LMA.)