Re: Wire Wheel???

To: "Larry Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel???
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:47:09 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Larry,

This same problem crops up in bicycles.  The best cheap and simple cure for
this is a roll of "Velox" cloth rim tape from your local bike shop.  Get the
wide roll meant for mountain bike tires.  One wrap around covering the
nippies should be more than enough.  One layer prevents nippie flats in
120psi bike road tires, it should handle a car tire's 28-32 psi rather
easily.

                                                        Regards, Glen Byrns