Visor clips

To: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>, "'Kent J. Miller'" <Bushwacker4@prodigy.net>
Subject: Visor clips
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:51:26 -0800
        The little plastic clips that secure the inner ends of the sun
visors on my '69 Sprite are snapped and broken, and need replacing. They're
held on by rivets; a close examination of the available replacements leads
to a couple of questions. Moss shows screws, listed as "SCREW, alternative
to orig. rivet" (page 31 of their SPM-09 catalog) while Victoria British
doesn't say, but the picture on page 31 of their SM.31 seems to me to show
pop rivets as part of their replacement kit.

        O.K., here are the questions: anybody out there have experience with
either method of replacement? If you drill out the rivets, does that make
the hole too large for Moss' screws? And how deeply do you have to drill
them to clean out enough room for VB's new pop rivets?

        The Great Carnak says the answer is......

        Jim Algar
        '69 Sprite Mk.IV