It Must Be Spring(s)

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: It Must Be Spring(s)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 20:34:20 -0500
Happy weekend all!

One of my projects this weekend is to begin the replacement of the rear
springs on the '77 Midget. New ones arrived today, awaiting shock links,
have a good used LR shock,bushes have been ordered - now I've discovered I
need a shackle plate, the LR unit on the car has been sheared off where the
pins exit the opposite plate! (Don'tcha love discoveries?!)

Would anyone have a used/useable spare?

The new springs certainly have quite the arch to 'em. I'm sure that with
the weight of the car, they'll flatten somewhat. Has rear spring
replacement/sequence been covered? Particularly sequence of events, start
removal at axle, front mount, rear?

Also reconoitered (sp?) the hood release mounting. There's not much room
with everything in situ, and this one's frozen, plus, I need it removed to
install the interior panels...

I wonder if I've got enough projects going on here? The rad's next...and
the wheels out for sandblasting/painting, carpet, top..tires...

Terry 'It  Smells Like Springtime' WIlliams
'77 Midget
'70 MGB GT
'68 MGB Roadster
28.3