Datsun Alternator

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Datsun Alternator
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 10:06:50 EST5EDT
List,

I know that many of you have installed a Japanese alternator in your
Spridgets.  As I was stripping a 1982 Datsun to remove its tranny, I
decided to keep the alternator and the wiring harness.  Does anyone know
if this model alternator will work in a Spridget following Frank's directions
on
the Puddlejumper?  The recommendation is to use a Mitsubishi.

I didn't look this alternator over very carefully as it is completely covered
with oil and grime.  Can I use purple cleaner and power wash this thing or
should I use it for a core on an exchange?  I have no problem exchanging it
but want to make sure that this type of unit will work.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.
Lexington, KY