Vinyl replacement on console

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vinyl replacement on console
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 12:08:43 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Dear List:

What is it about smoking folks in LBCs?  My center console has a round hole
burned into it from a poorly handled cigarette lighter.  The two other
center consoles that I picked up cheap in hopes of replacing have the same
melted vinyl ring near the lighter aperture.

So I'm resigned to either buying a new console (not enthusiastic about that)
or recovering the existing console with vinyl (sounds easy).

Question:   Has anyone re-vinyled a console?
            What sort of vinyl should I buy?
            What sort of adhesive should I use?
            Where can I get the vinyl?
            Does it look good enough to look like the original?
            Are there any tricks I need to know?

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget