77 SSS: All you ever wanted to know and a lot more.....

To: RBHouston@aol.com, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, froggi@cdsnet.net, biffjones@erols.com
Subject: 77 SSS: All you ever wanted to know and a lot more.....
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 09:45:45 EST
Cc: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
77 Sunset Strip
   1958: Efrem Zimbalist Jr. as Stu Bailey (couldn't hack being a Hollywood
PI,  took an offer with the FBI)  Roger Smith played Jeff , Louis Quinn was
Roscoe (Quinn-Martin Productions....) Edd Byrnes as Gerald Lloyd "Kookie"
Kookson III.     Edd Byrnes was still combing his hair in the orig movie
GREASE as the coach....Don Ho was a part timer, as was  Deforest Kelley who
eventually beamed aboard Enterprise, and Connie Stevens who twitched her butt
and  flipped her hair on Hawaiian Eye...
     E-ZimbJr drove a 58 T-Bird in the opening sequences, and sometimes  in
the show a nice black  MKI Continental coupe;  Kookie drove a T-Bucket that
belonged to actor Norm Grawboski. It was featured in an old issue of Rod
Builder Mag when I was a kid, and Kookie was kool..... black, flames, and 4
two barrel carbs on a Potvin intake atop a 265 inch chevy, with a Lasalle
gearbox, wide whites and a Hallibrand quick changer..
     How ironic that the subject came up as it did.... I was following a
soft-top Caddy juke box looking beast with chrome chain license surround,
gold trim, and fat whitewalls on fake wires just the other day before the
thread arrived.   Licence plate read 77-SS-STP, and the theme song popped
into my head.  I wanted to ask if the plate had some significance to the 25
year old in the zoot suit, but the pounding bass no doubt rendered him brain
dead.....  Just had to get all that extraneous noise out of my head and share
it with the world......
Mark
nobody wants to play Jeopardy or Trivial Pursuit anymore....