Re: Are my nuts hard enough?

To: rob thomas <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Subject: Re: Are my nuts hard enough?
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 16:15:46 -0800
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Rob,

Yep, there is a way.  Each of the bolts/nuts have marking on them.  Check out
some machinist books at the library and they should have them in a table.
Remember sometimes hardness is not good and a grade 5 works better because it
isn't as brittle.  I had several grade 8 bolt snap where a grade 5 worked fine
because it wasn't as hard and could stretch a little.

Rick