Re: clutch pin length

To: wizardz <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Subject: Re: clutch pin length
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 12:30:32 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Another 2 cents worth:

After facing the same problem last spring when getting my wife's Sprite
back on the road, and after a lot of thinking about it, I concluded
that the rod length makes no difference at all unless you are reaching
the end of the travel of the slave.  The slave is only going to relax
back to where there is no more pressure on it, i.e., where the clutch
engages.  If something has shifted in position, then a longer rod may
be needed.  However, I traced my problems down to insufficient bleeding
after a master cylinder rebuild, and play in the pivot end of the rod.
Careful bleeding, a new rod AND pin, and the clutch works fine.