Frame Work

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Frame Work
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 07:36:08 -0800
   Well, I found out last night that the frame of the Bugeye that we're
building up is shot.  The guy who is doing our welding looked at it and
found some bad metal fatigue in the front end framework that supports
about everything that you cherish in a car (engine, suspension, your
feet, etc.).
  He then looked at the donor car ('73 Midget) and suggested that we
simply cut the front frame from it and weld it in place of the old one.
That would guarantee that all of the desirable parts from the donor would
fit, AND we'd have a stronger vehicle.  This is going to be a driver
anyway, so we thought it would be a good idea.
   My question is, " Have any of you ever done this?"  If so, let us know
what to expect and what problems to avoid.  I know the listers are a deep
well of experience.  I'm just hoping that we're not the first to try
this.
Bill W
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.