Re: Seat Kit Solution

To: Wiedemeyer <boxweed@thebest.net>
Subject: Re: Seat Kit Solution
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 11:21:46 -0800
Cc: George Procyshyn <geopro@cyberdrive.net>, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Howdy,
I'm surprised that no one on the list has ever mentioned a product by the name
of Surflex. Maybe it's not even made any more. I don't know myself.

When I was building my "pink car" which is probably more a shade of coral than
pink, I couldn't source matching door rope so I used Surflex.

It was custom mixed by a company in Kearny, New Jersey by the name of
Color-Plus. They would match any color and the product was supplied in liquid
form. Spray might have been available also, but I don't remember. (This was 7
years ago now.)

I bought it in liquid form and it is brushed on. It has the consistency of
water, but surprisingly enough, covers completely in 3 or 4 coats. It can be
used on leather or vinyl.

I used it after seeing a number of big Healey original interiors that were
restored using this same product. Like I said, my restoration is 7 years-old and
it has held up quite well and is a perfect match to the other vinyl that was
used in the interior.

Jay Fishbein