Re: Dashpot oil

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dashpot oil
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:35:59 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Paul said:

>About losing oil.
>
>Perhaps they are being over filled and they are just going to the correct
>level during use.  The illustrations I have of the HS2 carbs show the oil
>level about 1/2" or more down from the top of the oil chamber.

But I don't overfill them (I think).  The service guides recommend topping
up the dashpots regularly, so the oil must go somewhere on all SU equipped
engines.  When the level gets too low in mine, I have difficulty with warm
starts.  Cold starting is no problem at all (since the mixture is rich due
to the lack of dashpot oil).  Pop some oil in and she'll fire up right away.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, but the problem (more of an
inconvenience) has not gotten better or worse.  The oil generally only gets
too low when I am taking someone out for a ride or stalled in front of my
neigbors.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget