Re: front bumper, yes or no

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: front bumper, yes or no
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:36:24 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Frank declared:

>I can not say for Calif, but in NJ you have to have a rear bumper not a
>front bumper. PIECES has neither, it passed state inspection. They
>busted me for no mirror on the passenger side, (RHD car) They said I
>only need one exterior mirror and it had to be on the LEFT side
>regardless of where the driver sits.

Sounds like my New Jersey inspection, in which da' boys in the inspection
shed passed me along to the end of the procedure so that they could laugh at
the 6 1/2 foot tall gentleman try to get in, and then out, of the Midget.
Lucky for him I had the hood down!

I passed emissions, but the turn signals weren't blinking properly, the
reverse lights didn't work, and the headlights aren't aimed properly.
Everything's working now, except for the reverse lamps.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite