Re: Rolling chassis

To: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rolling chassis
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:06:32 -0800
Paul,

there were a few 'late production '68's with 3 but primarily that a '69
feature.  If the tag indicates a '67, it's from another car. The other
possibility is that someone modified it themselves, but I don't know why
anyone would go to that trouble!

Don't replace the cowl... fill the extra hole!

Gerard

At 11:42 AM +0000 3/14/00, Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D. wrote:
>List,
>
>I'm looking at a rolling chassis for sale and the guy claims it is a '67
>Sprite.
>However, today he is not sure as a guy that was checking it out noticed
>that the car has 3 windshield wipers.
>
>How many windshield wipers did a '67 have?
>
>Is it possible to replace the entire cowl such that some used a later model
>cowl on an earlier car?
>
>I've asked for the chassis number.  If it is '67, what gives with the 3
>blades?
>
>Is there anything I can have this guy check for in addition to the chassis
>number to determine the year of this car?
>
>BTW, I'll be off List starting this tonight and won't be back until next
>Wednesday.  Therefore, TIA and as I will not be able to send reply thank
>yous.
>
>Later,
>Paul

>Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.