Dim glow from alternator light

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dim glow from alternator light
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:50:47 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello list:

Took the car out for a spin last night, and once again I noticed a possible
electrical problem  (This happened once before, but either it went away or I
just didn't notice it.)

When at idle of 1000rpm, with no electrical accessories on, the ignition
warning light is completely off.  As soon as I step on the brake pedal, or
use a turn signal, the warning comes on extremely faintly.  So faint that I
wouldn't notice if it wasn't pitch black outside.

What should I do?  Is this normal given the output of the Midget alternator?
The battery has not been draining, and when I tested the voltage at the
battery I was getting around 13-14V.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget