1500 Dual system brakes

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 Dual system brakes
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 20:23:08 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Looked at the brakes on my 72 car to try getting them as good as the older
one.  Braided stainless Aeroquip hoses and all new shoes/cylinders etc.
Still getting a more spongy feel to the pedal.  I guess this is more to do
with the M-cyl than any failing in the system but am still wondering if the
shuttle valve has anything to do with it.
Q.    When the shuttle valve slides over in the event of a hose failure, is
there any chance of fluid running the wrong way back up the failed system
and into the failed M-cyl piston line?  Hard one to explain but I cannot
decide if the little shuttle valve completely shuts off flow down the failed
line in both directions.  I don't want to take it apart to see if there are
any other differences from the production 1500 type (Mine doesn't have a
switch on it)
Has anyone taken one apart or had a failure in a car fitted with one?
If the rear shoes are badly adjusted and they take a few PSI to take up the
slack (caused by the shoe return springs) between the shoes and the drums,
will the valve move to indicate that it senses a partial loss in the rear
system?

This is getting heavy!  Maybe I should just buy a new Dual M-cyl?

Now, is silicone fluid.........