Re: Found on eBay - not too bad.

Subject: Re: Found on eBay - not too bad.
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 13:43:31 -0500
Cc: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Mike,
If you can't wait until the end of the day to watch the Comedy Channel, you
might like to visit
this seller's other auction for a '61 Midget.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=288179314

"Considering the car's age, it has survived..."
"But here are the facts;..."
"engine is still in the car"
"I'm including a good uncracked head with the car."
"carbs are in the trunk"
"The car has all of it's correct Jaeger instruments..."
"grille from a '70 Midget."
"radio in the interior picture was just a prop used to fill the radio hole..."
" The car is very structural."
"stored inside since it was taken off the road..."
"My feeling is that the car was never taken out in winter,...Please understand
however, that the
car does require body work around the rear as explained and around the
sills/front fender
area."

If this goes for a low (very low) price I guess it might be worth it to the
right person who has
time and skills, but otherwise this could be a nightmare for a buyer that is
swayed by the
description of the good points (such as solid doors, hood and trunk lid) and how
good this car
looks from 20' and/or in the pics. What does ebay advise? Caveat Emptor?

Jay Fishbein, CT

"Graziano, Michael" wrote:

  I actually kinda like it.  Not sure exactly where it is,  but the Hudson
  Valley isn't very far from me if someone wants me to go look.  It's not far
  for Frank or Jay, either.  Maybe a little over an hour's drive.