Re: Judson Carb. Fitting

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Judson Carb. Fitting
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 20:54:51 EST
In a message dated 3/20/00 5:07:46 PM, endicott@nashville.com writes:

<< I am finally ready to put the Judson on the Midget except I can't seem to
find the right fuel line fitting.  I have the brass insert that goes in the
carb but the flare (?) fitting that I need seems to be unavailable.  What
have you other Judson owners used? >>

Mark,

The fitting is a very old but standard flare fitting.  You should be able to
pick up the part that mates to the carb, if you do not have it, at your local
auto parts store.  The fuel line you make.  Normally you use a flaring tool,
a waste of money for one fitting.  Try some of the old auto machine shops or
older parts houses they may flare the tube for you.  Have two or three made
while you are at it and carry a spare.  The only problem I had with my Judson
was breaking that flare.  Even with a couple of loops in the line for
vibration it still broke.  I finally made the line from the carb very short,
2-3 inches, and ran clear plastic fuel line down to the fuel pump (948
engine).

Good Luck

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV indiguise)