Re: No lead head?

To: HFC <froggi@cdsnet.net>
Subject: Re: No lead head?
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 07:30:08 -0800
Cc: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
David Anton at APT rebuilt the 948 head for my Bugeye.  Here is a list of things
he did to the head:
1. Install hardened seats in exhaust.
2. Install phospher-bronze valve guides and hone.
3. Machine chambers to gasket line around valves.
4. Installed new water by-pass pipe. (couldn't get old one out)
5. Cut and finish 8 valve seats. (3 angle)
6. Face head to retain C/R.
7. Remove broken stud on thermostat housing.

This was for a grand total of $275.00 US.  A very reasonable price for the
amount
of work, besides benifiting from his A-series knowlegde and experience.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite