Chasing problems

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Chasing problems
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:24:43 -0800
Hey listers;
   Well, we finally got the carbs tuned (sort of) and the 1275 runs a lot
better.  Of course we have been reminded that the game is "Chase The
Problems" when you work on LBCs.  :o)  We don't mind, we're considering
it as an exercise in systems learning.  By the time we get the thing on
the road, we should have knowledge of just about every part of the little
bugger.
   Our new challenge is the clutch.  After draining the transmission of a
witches brew of oil and water (and who knows what else), we replaced the
oil, but came up a little short of filling it.  It was late last night
and we figured it wouldn't make a lot of difference if it wasn't filled
to the brim.  The trans would not shift into reverse to allow us to back
out of the garage.  I shut down the engine, put it into reverse, then
started her up.  Then backed out to see if the clutch was disengaging at
all.  I could jam it into gear, but not easily.  Now our question is,
"What do we look for to fix this new challenge?" Also, how are we suppose
to bleed the clutch slave cylinder? There is no nipple to be found.
Thanks gang,
"Hardly Able LBC Crew"
'73 Midget
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.