Diamond trip

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Diamond trip
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:40:44 -0800
Hi All,

We had a great time yesterday on the diamond hunt.  Had 10 cars show up
and even  some kids came to join us.

I'll give you the run down if you like.

It started at the Jelly belly factory where every one's sweet tooth was
hopefully satisfied.  We had our cars on display out front, I saw quite
a few people scratch their heads trying to figure out what kind of Miata
these little fellows were.  In fact, Glen showed up with his turbo
charged version.  Wow, I got to get one of those.  Remember I drive a
full race cam with Weber and headers.  You know the drill.  It sound
like a hot rod driving into the lot.  Well I'll get back to that.

>From here we continued up the Famous Napa Valley where the wine flows
like a river.  Unfortunately we didn't have time to stop and sample the
brew.  Also passed a Budwiser plant, I thought I would loose half the
cars there.  This is where we saw many rally points like Mrs. McDonalds
cook house and the Chicken that Flew the coop.  There are many
interesting facts to look for like the Flying Boar and Questions like
what drink do Bug-i drivers drink?  Give up?  Why Sprite of Course.

Lunch in Calistoga was some great Bar-B-Que.

This is where the driving fun began.  We had some great curves.  High
speed sweepers banked and just like the race track.  I couldn't help
myself, I just had to open Puddles up.  Slammed it into third 5-6k rpm's
the whole way up.  Slowly the cars fell behind.  All except the turbo,
he stayed right on my tail the whole way.  This run lasted about 30
minutes to the top of the pass.  Soon on the other side I noticed Glen
and I were by ourselves.  Ooop's, so we pulled over to wait, and wait,
hey there is Crash and Bob.  Wait, and wait finally everyone gathered
behind.  So off we went to meet up with some new Spridgeteers, Bill and
Cindy.  In a mk3 Sprite waiting at Middletown.  We passed them by at
first.  I did wave though.  Stopped in Middletown for gas and what ever.

Off to the Diamonds we went.  It's on a old hillside, and they are
everywhere you looked on the ground and road.  Especially when the sun
shines like yesterday.  The whole hillside sparkles.  Gerard was there
with his three kids,  Mike with his kids and they looked to me like they
were having a great time picking up diamonds like an Easter egg hunt.  I
think all the kids had a good time.  I even saw the big kids out there,
you know the ones that were driving the cars.

Bob and Annice were there, She just pointed to us as she was sitting in
the grey Sprite saying, "there's one, can you get it for me".  Yes they
were that plentiful.  We didn't get buckets full but we did get a good
hand full of them.  Ask Annice to show you at Spridget2000.  She has
them with her.  Great fun.

We left the diamond hillside to get out before dark and most of us went
down Rumsey canyon.  Another high speed run down a twisty road.  For the
wives, along the way the flowers and California Red Bud were blooming
and making the hills purple colored.  The others decided, well kind of
followed Lost and Found to Lake Berryessa, oops.  Hey, had to have one
wrong turn, after all this is Wrong Way Rickie's trip.  We met back up
at Woodlands for dinner and gas.

Hope everyone had a good day of driving and other things.  I know we
did.

Safe driving to all.

Wrong Way Rickie