New Exhaust system!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: New Exhaust system!
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:33:42 EST
A few weeks ago I reported that I had bought a 17" Thrush glass pack muffler
from Summit for $17.95 to mount on my Midget.  I have a '79 Midget with the
unsightly muffler mounted across the tail end just aft of the gasoline tank.
Well I went to a muffler shop, and for $54 they cut the tailpipe at the
header (DPO had muffed a job of welding the 1 1/2" pipe to a 1 3/4" header
pipe and it leaked) and stripped everything back away.  Then the guy custom
bent a new  1 3/4" pipe, CLAMPED it to the header (as it should be), welded
the new muffler to it, and added a short diagonally-cut end piece and clamped
the whole thing up.

Now the exhaust exits on the LEFT side, straight back from the muffler, and
it SOUNDS GREAT!!!!  Deep English Sports car sound that you would only like
if you like lots of HOT SAUCE on your Enchiladas and real, hearty,
full-bodied beer!!!!  If you are a weenie and/or if you drink light beer, you
might not like this sound!  <G>

Seriously!  It sounds great!!!  8^)

--David C.