948 exhaust manifold-result

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 948 exhaust manifold-result
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:24:01 -0800
Thanks to everyone who offered help with my manifold leak. I decided to try
a variation of Frank's suggestion and used Permatex Ultra Copper gasket
maker. I also clamped the pipe to the tranny (thanks Peter). I set
everything up yesterday and let it cure overnight. I ran the engine for
over an hour today and it seems to have worked just fine. It didn't even
smell funny...'-) I dialed in several other details like timing and carb
fine tuning. The thing just purrs now. I was able to test the brakes and
clutch for the first time too and every works superbly. It's nice to have a
successful day!... not without the help of many of you... Thanks!

All the major mechanical stuff is now complete on the '61... now on to the
bodywork and interior... (somebody save me...)

Gerard

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com