almost...

To: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: almost...
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 23:29:15 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I seem to never have any time to work out in the garage these days, but
tonight I had a mechanic friend come over and help me out a bit (he has a
fiat).  We ALMOST got the free car running.  We were trying to test for
compression and put some oil in the cylinders but it turned out his
compression tester was bad.  We figured there was compression because with a
spark plug out, oil shot out of the spark plug hole, across the garage, and
onto the wall.  ;-)  I put in the high compression pistons (this is a 1500)
and the poor battery can hardly turn the engine over, even with a full
charge (with plugs out it turns over as fast as my Honda).  Jumper cables
helped a bit, but when we finally gave up on the compression tester and set
the timing, there was too much oil sitting on the pistons and the plugs kept
getting wet.  Got some real nice backfires, with some good blue flames
shooting up out of the Weber...heh heh...now to get all that oil out of
there...

This guy had never worked on an MG and I think he was starting to get
excited, but he had to leave.  He kept eyeing my purple project car and
mumbling stuff about $11K racing engines and how all his fiat friends get
creamed at the tracks by Spridgets with aforementioned racing engines...he's
coming back Monday.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a little news and excitement from my
garage...thanks for listening!

adrian

J. Adrian Barnes
adrian@workgroup.net