Re: points

To: "shawn tobin" <suhs2@hotmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: points
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:31:00 -0600
Shawn,
        Are the points bad?  That is the brand that Lucas sold for many years.
Intermotor is a rather large and significant vendor/manufacturer. Echlin
thought enough of them to buy them, along with Quinton-Hazel and a few
other UK manufacturers. Echlin apparently needed to supplement their
Standard Ignition line. Echlin is also the prime supplier to Napa.  Or
were, until Dana bought Echlin, and Beck/Arnley, and.......
        I think I've got the heritage correct. Pretty much everyone is owned by
either Dana, TRW, and someone else whose name escapes me, at least as far
as the really big picture goes.
        Anyway,  wouldn't worry about the points unless there is a defect.
        Peter C  (knowing there'll be 1 parts company.... hoping there'll be
more
than 1 part)
----