Re: Points

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Points
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 12:22:41 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Dear list:

I have had no running problem with the Intermotor points at all.  I wish the
spark was more blue, and less yellow/blue, however.  I assumed that it was
my coil that as the culprit.  The plastic postcap thingy doesn't seem to fit
quite properly though.

As far as Lucas tune-up stuff is concerned, my biggest gripe is the quality
of the rotors.  When I replaced my ignition system last fall, I couldn't
figure out why I couldn't start the engine.  In dismantling and replacing
the distributor several times, and going through 3 Lucas rotors, I found
that the only one that would work was a much older Bosch rotor, which I had
to fetch out of the garbage.  Cap was new, points were new an sparking, etc.
It took me two weekends to figure out that 3 brand new rotors were bad.  As
if the entire lot that came out of the molds was incorrect, or incorrectly
labeled.

BTW, what company currently owns Lucas?

Regards,

Charles