Re: Nut size

To: "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Nut size
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 17:05:12 -0700
Cc: Larry <woodrat@spacey.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Larry,
     The new Victoria British catalog lists a tube wrench for the rear
axle nut.  I believe it's $29.95 or there abouts.  Harbor Freight is
having an internet sale right now on a 3/4 inch drive socket set for
39.95 that includes a 1 7/8ths socket, or at least the correct size for
that nut.  I'm sure Sears would have the correct socket for the price of
the whole Harbor Freight socket set.  Also, remember the the left hand
side nut has a left hand thread, turn it clockwise to undo it.  A
regular mechanic or DPO will beat the hell out of it the wrong way with
hammer and chisel.  That's why one side is chewed up and the other is
O.K. in most cases.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite