Random and intermittent clutch problem

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Random and intermittent clutch problem
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 09:16:11 +0100
Hi,

I have a '72 midget on which I have just changed the gearbox and
replaced the carbon release bearing with a roller bearing. I drove the
car to work yesterday (25 miles) with no problem at all. On the way
home. the clutch pedal suddenly went all the way to the bottom, and the
clutch did not disengage. The next time I pushed the pedal, all was OK.
This happened about three or four times before I got home. I checked the
fluid, no loss and no leaking. On the way to work today, the same thing
happened about 10 or 11 times, the clutch working perfectly in-between.
Again, no fluid loss at all.

Help!