Re: Tire size on bugeye/minator wheels??

To: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire size on bugeye/minator wheels??
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 19:38:52 -0700
Bryan,

I have P185/60D13 (steet race tire) on the Panasports. I would expect that
the my wheel would be very similar to what you friend purchased. I have 1/4
inch spacers in the back, offset springs and a panhard bar. I have about
2.25 inches clearance between the tire and the spring and the spring is
offset about 1.25 inches from where the spring would normally be. The
fronts are without spacers. I have never rubbed a tire under hard cornering.

Gerard

At 2:27 PM -0700 4/4/00, Bryan Vandiver wrote:
>A friend of mine just got a new set of Alloys from VB (minator minilite
>replicas
>- UK made). He's trying to decide on which size tire to get.
>Does any one know if the  offset is different on these wheels?? and if a
>wheel
>spacer will be needed on the rear hubs if he goes wider than a 165?? Keep in
>mind that this is a 1/4 elliptical spring car.
>Does anyone have any particular tire/size that has worked really well for
>them
>with this setup for sprited street driving. My friend would like to go with a
>tire that doesn't require any mods to the car.
>
>Thanks - Bryan
>
>BTW - I have reccommended he go with a 175/70-13, but I'd like to hear what
>other list members have to say. Would these rub too much in the wheel wells?

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A