Cubby Box and "upgrades"

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cubby Box and "upgrades"
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 08:07:12 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I want one!  Gotta have one.  Im reading my recently acquired MG Midget
"O-fishal" owners manual.  My car is an early 70.....the manual is late 70.
I know about bonnets, wings, hoods, etc, but dont know about cubby boxes.  I
even like saying it.  Seriously, I presume it is the door covering the
"parcel shelf".   Is anyone familiar with the pieces and such to convert to
cubby box?  Or is the whole assy different, precluding just finding and
bolting on the door?  (It couldnt be that easy or everyone would have a
cubby box!)  Whilst on this upgrade thing, I can live without the locking
bonnet prop.....when Im there, Im serious and have both hands available, but
the boot is a different thing.  What about the locking prop there?  Just
find a prop and weld on the tabs?   This post is from someone with car on
jack stands, broken spring, brakes soaked in GO 90, and reversed axles.
What can I say other than I like working at waist level more than in slime,
on my back, while torching and hammering my fingers (bifocals fog up) and
recalcitrant nuts and bolts.  Beside being dirty, its dark and scarey under
there!  Larry.