Re: Dynos (real ones?)

To: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: Dynos (real ones?)
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 17:22:16 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
        I have heard several accounts of this unit on the RX-7 list. I think
the gist of the reviews were that it was somewhat erratic on HP numbers
(WAY too many variables to get an accurate figure from weight), but
pretty close on 1/4 mile ETs when you factor in reaction time (measured
by the track timers, but not by the G-Tech). Also, after you start it
you can tilt it backwards for a fairly consistent 32.2 ft/sec^2
acceleration "booster" and subsequently generous ETs. :)
        It uses accelerometers and should be pretty accurate, but like someone
else said, better mounting would be advisable. Neat toy; not worth that
much coin, though.

--

1987 RX-7 TII: The Reverseless Wonder.
1990 GS 500-E: 39.98 neck-snapping ponies.

-