Re: Digital cameras (No LBC, directly)

To: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: Digital cameras (No LBC, directly)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 17:24:00 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, phax@eng.kns.com, Ajhsys@aol.com
Hey All,

Price and quality of resulting image are not the only considerstions
when it comes to digital cameras.  What is the correct camera for one
person may not be correct for another.

Some other things to be considered are;

1. Type of storege media.
2. Price of storage media.
3. How do you get the image into the computer.
4. In what format does the camera store the image.
5. Is the image compressed by the camera, and what effect does this have
on the image when you want to use it?
6. What is the largest size printout you will want from the resulting
file.

There are a lot more considerations, which I will be glad to disscuss
with anyone who is interested in purchasing a camera.  (please send any
questions off list).  I have several digital cameras for use in my
business, the one I use the most is the Sony Mavica.  The reason;  it is
easy to use and it stores images directly to a floppy, (cheap storage).
When I want to put something on the web, I simply insert the disk into
my computer.  Other cameras use dedicated storage media and when you
fill them up you are finished shooting for the day!!  Then you have to
download to your computer to use the images.

I am not an expert on digital cameras, I just use them every day.

Kevin V.
PS; I do not sell cameras.