AHCUSA Website etc.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: AHCUSA Website etc.
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 01:38:44 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: gregk@healey.org, rickm@healey.org
Hi all,

Just a few notes of potential interest to some:

I am indeed working on the Sprite Overview (counterpart to the Big Healey
Overview currently on the AHCUSA website).  In fact, when I wrote the big
Healey version last year, I asked the Healeys list for volunteers to review
it, correct it, add to it, etc.  I had something like 30 people rise to the
occasion and I got a lot of good help as a result.  I plan to do the same on
the spridgets list when the Sprite Overview is ready for review.  We'll be
counting on you.  Give me a little time though... I still have a day job.

We have many additions planned for the AHCUSA website.  However, we felt
that we had reached a point where it was good enough to launch "as is" and
we were also anxious to get the new Online Membership Application and the
Printable Membership Application out there and available.  After all, all
good websites are "works in progress" and so there is really no such thing
as waiting for everything to be done-done before launching.  We don't ever
intend to stop improving it.

Earlier in this thread someone wrote:

<<If Spridget owners really feel that our cars are not getting the attention
due them by one or more of the Healey clubs, the only way around this is to
contribute articles, pictures, tech tips and anything else to the respective
clubs.>>

Amen, brother!  The editor of Austin-Healey Magazine is Greg Kaufman and he
is always delighted to receive quality contributions to the magazine. His
email address is:  gregk@healey.org

Someone else wrote:

<<Awhile back, there was a similar discussion along these lines regarding
Rick Moses efforts and newsletters. Since Rick hasn't mailed another
newsletter, it is probably safe to assume that he has not received enough
articles from any of us for another mailing.>>

Some may be surprised to learn that Rick, also known as "Mr. Sprite," is a
member of the Board of Directors of the AHCUSA.  He's also a good, longtime
friend.  I am in frequent contact with him.  The reason he has not produced
another of his newsletters since, basically, Sprite Rush in 1998, is what
you might call a form of Post Traumatic Stress, or just plain "burn out."
I've been encouraging him to save up his energy for the next big Sprite
party, scheduled for 2003 (45th anniversary of the Sprite).

By the way, I've been working with Rick, mostly in the shadows, on these
every-five-years Sprite parties since the first one in 1988.  Of course the
work started a couple of years before that.  I even got to name the last
one!  Also by the way, a couple of years ago Rick bought my last Bugeye
("Chuckles") and I have still have visitation rights.  I have now, just
within the last month, purchased another Bugeye that I hope to drive to the
"Healey Rendezvous" at Ocean Shores, Washington this July
(http://cascadeahc.homestead.com/Rendezvous.html).

My point is, I'M A SPRITE GUY TOO.  Ask Rick who has been there, through
thick and thin, since 1986 or so when he first started organizing his
every-five-years Sprite celebrations.  So, please stop trying to cast
everything through a prism of Big Healey VS. Sprite.  In my garage, and in
my club, it's Big Healey AND Sprite.

(And if I need Midget credentials let me tell you sometime about buying one
(for Austin-Healey Magazine Editor Greg Kaufman, by the way -- yes, there's
a 1979 Midget parked out front of his house) right after Sprite Rush a year
and half ago and driving it from Virginia to California over the course of
five days.)

Cheers,
Reid
Non-Denominational Austin-Healey Enthusiast
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/www.healey.org/