Re: bugeye???

To: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bugeye???
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 12:40:51 -0400
I found the Bugeye to be interesting, if a bit over-done. As some of you
may recall, I, too, have a 215 V8 Bugeye which was a period
modification.  (Mine looks stock, though... no bumps and bulges.)

Since there is some (scant) documentation that this was a
"not-unheard-of" swap, there is at least the possibility that the car is
being advertised honestly. (As for Ebay being an inappropriate place to
sell it if it's real, LOTS of high dollar cars are advertised (if not
sold) on Ebay... what better way to get exposure to a few thousand
potential buyers for $25?)

I was also amused to see the bonnet, as my V8 car came with a VERY
similar glass bonnet (sans the carb bump).  I tend to agree it's not
quite in keeping with the car's character, but does look a little like a
Speedwell piece.  (I plan to do both the stock and glass bonnets on mine
to make them interchangeable... but my car's a LONG way from seeing the
road anytime soon.)

All this being said, I contacted the seller yesterday with a long list
of questions on the car's history, documentation, design, etc... and
haven't yet heard anything.

Bill Elliott
Lake Barrington, IL