Re: My first time... conclusion

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My first time... conclusion
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 17:55:01 -0700charset="Windows-1252"
Thanks for all your help... I had a friend help me out and I saw that when
the pedal was to the floor, the carb linkage barely moved... very little
throttle... I took it back to the mechanic and he was glad to fix it for
free. Now my accelerator pedal actually resembles an accelerator pedal and
not just a ON\OFF button. I just got back after a LONG test drive. It now
scares me it goes so fast. I'm serious... its blazing fast. Like 10 yards
burnt rubber fast. Its so fast I still haven't figured out how fast it is.
It's QUICK!
The mechanic (Roy) at East West motors is very nice and helped me out a
bunch... I think he just forgot to check the accelerator linkage slack the
first time around. But all is well and he pointed out some other things that
were bad as well... Either I will fix those if I have the time, or the same
shop will if I have the money!

Thanks a bunch..

Toby