Re: FW: Sprite

To: "Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott@attws.com>
Subject: Re: FW: Sprite
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 22:42:53 -0700
Cc: "Spridget mail list (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Elliott, Patrick" wrote:

> The truth.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Howard Pardee
>
> Bottom line: Fiction
>
> Howard C. Pardee, Director
> Shelby American Automobile Club

Now my .o2
After taking a second look at this *thing*, I noticed a left hand drive
steering wheel. So the car was made for the export market but Carroll
Shelby went over to England and stuck a GM engine in it just for kicks
before it left the factory.
Sure he did, maybe he had nothing to do one week?

There are fakes out there, I once bid $350 for a "vintage" rally plaque
only to find out the reserve was $500. Not winning the plaque, I emailed
John Sprinzel and asked about this particular plaque. Since he was a
winner in the rally, he would have had one of these. He did not. Infact
no one ever received a "winners" plaque from this rally. So it was a
fake. I emailed the seller with a quote from Mr. Sprinzel. The seller
thought he bought a real one only to have me bust his bubble. In time,
he offered it to me for $250, I told him I would gladly pay him $250 in
counterfeit money.

The seller of this Sprite may not know it is a fake. I for one would
have looked into it before I bought it or he may have created the fake
himself not knowing that potential buyer would surly check out it's
authenticity.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ