List Scavenging!

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: List Scavenging!
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 10:34:03 -0400
Happy Sunday all....

On this wet, damp, lazy Sunday morning I thought I'd take advantage of our
260+ listers and see if I can track down a coupla niggly little things I'm
trying to find for the '77 Midget...

Like, a tonneau rail, any condition, long as it's not bent...

The ashtry for a Midget (mine came without, along with practically
everything else!) appears different from the one used in the B insofar as
the base seems taller. The lid and actually try seem similar. Anyone have a
spare, again, in any condition, prepferrably with a decent chrome lid.

Final question, the '77 mounting points for the seatbelt retractors.
Something tells me there's a bracket of some sort, and that the unit itself
doesn't attach directly to the wheel arch. Using the Vic Brit catalogue
colour shot of the Midget interior, it appears they sit on a reversed 'L'
shaped bracket, allowing the unit to be horizontal, tather than vertical -
as the case would be if mounted directly to the wheel arch? So, if indeed
there is a bracket - can anyone lead me to a pair?

Big excitement as the Midget heads for licencing, hopefully by the end of
May - ordered a new canvas top from Caribou (thanks, by the way for all the
comments to my question). Tan, on the BRG car with it's tan interior....be
still my beating heart!

This brings me to the final request of this scavenging episode - on the
top's header rail are two small plastic blocks, one to each side - need
'em, and the two screws each that mount 'em.

Once again, thanks to all who continually help out. I can't imagine trying
to bring an old Midget back to roadworthiness ten years ago - ie:
pre-'net...

Cheers from moist Atlantic coast of Canada,

Terry