RE: 67/68 engine differences

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, "'Frank Clarici'" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: RE: 67/68 engine differences
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:12:21 -0700
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Frank,
I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that the "swinging" needles
were in fact for some emissions purpose...something about keeping the needle
in contact with the inner wall of the jet , rather than centered, made for a
more controllable (i.e. "smoggable") mixture throughout the range of needle
movement. Or something like that. I could be wrong, of course...

Jim Algar
'69 Sprite Mk.IV