Re: Rear end clonk - What the $#% has happened to this thread!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear end clonk - What the $#% has happened to this thread!
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 13:15:09 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
It's amazing how this thread has gone WAY off the deep end

....back to the QUESTION... the clonk ... clunk... cloink clump...
whatever...     could the wire wheel splines be  source of the
sound as it really only seems to do it after changing from
accelerating or cruising, over to hard braking.
or reversing and forwarding again.
...OR  should I continue to look at opening up the pumpkin
and replacing the pinion thrust washers and carrier thrust washers/spacers?

Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com  (new
format)
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer