Sprite Model Overview

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sprite Model Overview
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 06:12:58 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: rickm@healey.org
Hi all,

The "Sprite Model Overview" is now posted to the Austin-Healey Club USA's
website at:

http://www.healey.org/model-sprite-overview.shtml

Please have a look.  Thanks to all those who reviewed the draft and provided
comments.  Almost all of your suggestions were incorporated into the final
product.  Actually I shouldn't say "final" product because it's NOT too late
to send more comments/corrections/suggestions.  The material on the website
can be easily changed, so if you see something wrong, please do let me know.

As long as I am writing to the list, just thought I'd mention that I have
just completed the first installment of an interview with John Sprinzel.  It
will be published in Austin-Healey Magazine in a few months.  If the name
John Sprinzel doesn't ring a bell, here's a few bits from his bio:

-- Started "Speedwell Performance Conversions" in 1957.
-- First became BMC "works" (factory) team driver in 1958.
-- Won first international award driving a Sprite -- a class win in the 1958
Alpine Rally.
-- Joined the Donald Healey Motor Company in 1960 to run the "Speed
Equipment Division".
-- Class win in a Sprite at the 1960 Sebring.
-- 6th overall in the 1960 European Rally Championship... driving a Sprite.

The first installment of the interview runs to 3,000 words, and in retracing
his driving career we have just now reached the point where he joins the
Donald Healey Motor Company.  In all my years of writing for Austin-Healey
Magazine (started something like 20 years ago), this is the most
interesting, exciting feature I've ever worked on.  I hope you'll be getting
Austin-Healey Magazine so you can enjoy it.

Cheers,
Reid "Can't-spell-spridgets" Trummel
AN5L44376 "Lucky"
"All REAL Austin-Healeys have only four cylinders"  ;-)