Healey Improvements for the ATW

To: healeys@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey Improvements for the ATW
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 11:39:04 -0500
Lists,
For those of you that have been discussing improvements to either your
big Healey or Spridget recently, I would like to pass on a couple of
items from Peter Hunt. As many of you recall Peter & Ann Hunt will be
driving their Austin Healey 3000 Around the World in 80 Days. The ATW
Rally requires the participants to be "self sufficient" in that light
Peter has made some modifications and preparations to make repairs
on the road. Peter & Ann also want to have contact with the world as
they travel, so here are a couple of mods recently completed.

Bob Brown
Team Healey, North America

- Have finally put back together the front suspension with new MGB shock
absorbers and wheel studs, the spare front shock absorber has been bolted, with
difficulty, onto the top of the Navigators footrest and the two spare rear
shockers are now bolted next to the rear axle.

- As I had installed a metal box above the navigators legs to take our
laptop, I found that this was too tight against the windscreen washer pump. Had
to make up a bracket to alter its location by a few millimetres - this took the
best part of 3 hours.