Brake Failure Switch!

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Failure Switch!
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 12:30:26 -0400
Well, after dismantlng about half my dash to get
at the brake warning button/light, I discovered that the unit
in the dash is just fine, thank you, and now have to put it all
back together (my hands are way too big).

The problem is really at the other end -- the sensor/switch
in the brake "manifold" where the brake lines all converge.
The wire harness and the pins in the switch are badly
corroded -- gone. Now come the questions:

1. Can I reliably bleed and balance the dual brake system
    without the warning light?

2. Can I remove (and replace) the switch without rebleeding
    (in other words, when I remove the switch will fluid escape)?

3. What other questions should I be asking?

thanks,

chuck (chuckc@attglobal.net)