Interesting item on eBay web site item#319054652: Austin Healey : Sprite

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Interesting item on eBay web site item#319054652: Austin Healey : Sprite
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 Pacific Daylight Time
Here's a good auction.
Decsription reads "rust-free" Then the seller includes a picture of a rotted
fender.

Title of item:  Austin Healey : Sprite
Seller: kbrown_ga@yahoo.com
Starts: Apr-26-00 21:58:47 PDT
Ends:   May-06-00 21:58:47 PDT
Price:  Currently $250.00
To bid on the item, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=319054652

Item Description:
        Bad news first then good news so read the entire ad.

This is a 1968 Austin Healy Sprite.  My friend bought this car from my uncle in
1988 with 67,400 original miles and drove it until 1991 until it had its
current mileage of 79,041.  It has been sitting since that time.   He decided
he wanted a wooded dash in it like the one in my TR-4 so he set out to custom
make one.  He removed the orginal dash and all the guages out of that dash.
More of a project than he could do, he got frustrated and parked the car and
hasn't driven it since.  It was a running and driving car when it was parked.
He has lost the keys and the original title.

I bought it about 2 years ago and fired it up for the first time in over 8
years!  BUT now the engine is seized.  The shifter feels very shuggish like the
transmission would need to be cleaned out.  Both the brake and the clutch
master cylinders go all the way to the floor.  The car needs a total
restoration.

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS.

There is hardly any rust like what is typical for these cars (floorpans, fender
bottoms. Except for the one area in the photo - the car is virtually rust free.

The chrome is in excellent condition.  It is very presentable for a road car
but would need to be rechromed in order to win shows.  In either case - it is
totally bend-free.

There is one small dent on the hood and one small dent on the top of the left
fender where a tree limb fell against it.

The front grill is bent from a towing incident but could be straightened.

Except for those two areas the car is totally straight and complete even down
to the original Healy hubcaps and beauty rims.

This car is an excellent platform for a virtually rust-free restoration.  It is
totally complete and original except for the late model midget front seats.

I have had several British cars and have never found one with this little rust
unless it has already been restored.

I am offering this car for auction in the hopes that someone will bring it back
to life.  If it does not meet my reserve - I will part it out.  I would hate to
do that but I could probably make more money that way.  I just hate to see a
Sprite with this much potential get pieced out.

Email with questions.  Your bid is your contract to buy so ask any and all
questions before you bid.  I reserve the right to end this auction early so
don't wait until the last minute to place your bid.

Car is located 30 minutes south of Atlanta.  Buyer to arrange shipping.  I do
not know how to ship but will assist once you have figured it out.  Full
payment expected within 10 days and try to have the car removed within 30 days
please.

Money order or certified checks only on this one.  Thanks for your bid and good
luck.

        Visit eBay, the world's largest Personal Trading Community
athttp://www.ebay.com